SERVES: 2 PREP TIME: 20mins COOK TIME: 40mins The mix of creamy...
Hemp Oil and Kale Pesto
SERVES: 2 PREP TIME: 20mins COOK TIME: 10mins
You can never go wrong with pasta, especially when it involves hemp pesto. This version of the classic Italian sauce packs in so much green goodness and tastes delicious. It’s super quick and easy to make and you can store it in the fridge for few days. Perfect for speedy dinners! Check out our hemp oil here.
- 85g pine nuts or cashews
- 85g lightly steamed kale
- 1 generous handful of basil leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp of Saint Hemp hemp seed oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the pine nuts or cashews into a food processor and blitz until you have a coarse flour
- Add in all the remaining ingredients
- Blitz again until you have a paste kind of consistency
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta of your choice according to the packet instructions
- Just before draining, reserve 1 tablespoon of the cooking water and add it to the pesto
- Stir the pesto through the hot pasta to serve, topping with some fresh basil leaves
- To store, put in an airtight container or jar, cover the surface with a little more hemp seed oil and keep in the fridge for just under 1 week
SERVES: 2 PREP TIME: 20mins COOK TIME: 35mins A perfect, warm hemp...
SERVES: 1 PREP TIME: 15mins COOK TIME: 0min The ultimate Mezze Style...