SERVES: 2 PREP TIME: 25mins COOK TIME: 25mins Making your own hemp...
Hemp Seed and Black Bean Burgers
SERVES: 6 PREP TIME: 60mins COOK TIME: 40mins
Our hemp seed and black bean burgers are guaranteed to make you the burger king of your house. Great flavour and texture – they are brilliant on the BBQ and can also be frozen and defrosted for a quick midweek meal. Check out our Australian grown hemp seeds here.
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 7 chestnut mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1 tin of black beans – drain and rinsed
- 1 heaped tbsp plain flour
- 1/4 cup of Saint Hemp Australian grown hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp of arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- For the toppings:
- Try with lettuce, sliced red onion, vegan mayo and tomato, or for the classic Aussie burger throw on a slice of beetroot
- Place one cup of quinoa in a pan with one cup of water. Bring to the boil and turn the heat down and simmer with the lid on for 10-15 mins until the water has been absorbed
- Place the mushrooms on a baking tray with a little olive oil and roast in the oven (200 degrees Celsius) for 15 minutes until golden
- Add a drizzle of oil, sliced onion and garlic to a frying pan and fry for 5 mins until translucent
- Add the spices and cook for another minute. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer to a food processor
- Once the mushrooms and quinoa are cooked and have cooled down, add to the food processor along with the hemp seeds, black beans, plain flour, arrowroot, salt and pepper
- Pulse several times but don’t go crazy, you don’t want to over process and end up with a puree
- Place the food processor in the fridge to cool down for 30 mins
- Once cool, shape the mixture into patties and flatten. Place back in the fridge to firm up as this will ensure the burgers stay together in the cooking process
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a frying pan and once hot, start frying the patties – 5 mins on each side
- Serve them in your favourite buns and toppings
SERVES: 1 PREP TIME: 15mins COOK TIME: 0min A modern-day classic, avocado...
SERVES: 2 PREP TIME: 10mins COOK TIME: 25mins This cauliflower hemp seed...