SERVES: 2 PREP TIME: 25mins COOK TIME: 25mins Making your own hemp...
Hemp Seed Pizza
SERVES: 2 PREP TIME: 120mins COOK TIME: 35mins
Take your pizza nights to another level by making your dough from scratch - it’s easier than you think. This is a foolproof recipe that’s guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser! Check out our Australian grown hemp seeds here.
- 4 cups spelt flour + extra for dusting
- 7g sachet of fast-action yeast
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Saint Hemp Australian grown hemp seeds
- A generous pinch of sea salt
- For the toppings:
- Pizza or tomato sauce
- Sliced mushrooms
- Sliced red onion
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Vegan cheese
- Any other toppings of your choice
- In a large mixing bowl add 175ml of boiling water with 100 ml of cold water
- Add in the yeast, a pinch of salt and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Give everything a good whisk and then gradually add in the flour and hemp seeds
- Keep mixing with a spoon until a dough starts to form, then remove dough from the bowl, dust your working surface with some flour and start kneading the dough with your hands
- Stretch the dough for about 10-15 minutes. It should be elastic and soft, add more flour if it’s too wet
- Grease a large bowl with some olive oil, add the dough to the bowl and brush it with some more olive oil
- Cover the bowl with a couple of tea towels and leave it in warm place for around 1 hour or until has doubled in size
- Remove the dough from the bowl and gently stretch it out on the working surface
- Divide into two balls and place each into a bowl, brush with olive oil, and cover with cling film
- Leave again in a warm place for 30 minutes to rise
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Remove the dough balls from the bowl and individually stretch into round pizza crust shape using a rolling pin
- Bake each pizza base in the oven for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with tomato sauce and your favourite toppings
- Bake for another 15 minutes until crust is slightly golden
- Slice and serve while still warm
SERVES: 1 PREP TIME: 15mins COOK TIME: 0min A modern-day classic, avocado...
SERVES: 2 PREP TIME: 10mins COOK TIME: 25mins This cauliflower hemp seed...